Saturday, October 12, 2013

Create a budget..... and stick to it!

I cannot express how important it is to create a budget.  The first step to becoming debt free is knowing where your money is going.  Create a budget that fits to your lifestyle.  If you do not use an excel spreadsheet on a regular basis then I do not recommend using that format for your budget.  If you always use your phone and that would be easiest for you, then there are tons of great budget apps for your convenience (and you can find some good quality ones for free). I, personally, use WakeUpNow's finance services.  It tells me exactly what I'm spending my money on and how much of my budget I have used every month.

It is VERY important to stick to your budget.  If you paid off a bill (and still have more left to pay off), don't add $50 to your "entertainment" budget.  Use that $50 towards the next bill on your debt tower or put it towards your emergency savings account.

WakeUpNow can also be used for free printable coupons to help reach your grocery budget and you can come out well under your shopping budget by buying things that you already purchase at a discounted rate.  You can do all of this as a free preferred customer. 


What are some of the best budget experiences that you have had?

No comments:

Post a Comment